South Dakota Fully Guided Archery Antelope Hunt
Fully guided archery hunt
We’re excited to now offer Antelope Archery Hunts on our private leases in the Black Hills region of South Dakota! This hunt includes guide services, home-cooked meals, game handling, comfortable accommodations and a HIGH OPPORTUNITY TO “GET YOUR GOAT!” After a full day afield, you’ll return to the lodge where you can unwind, share stories and enjoy a home cooked meal before catching a good night’s rest.
Species and Limits: Each hunter may harvest up to 1 Antelope (buck or doe).
Location & Transportation: This hunt will take place on our Private Land Leases near Newell, SD. Guests typically fly into Rapid City, SD the day before the hunt, rent a vehicle and arrive in camp by 3pm (about 1 hour drive). From camp, we’ll provide transportation to and from the field for the duration of your stay.
Success Ratio: Nearly 100% shooting opportunity on a mature, representative Antelope buck.
Hunt Style & Terrain: Depending on timing and situation, we offer both spot-and-stalk style with decoy and ground blind style hunts. Our leases are easily accessible and not terribly difficult to navigate. To that end, it’s in your best interest to be in as good of physical condition as possible in order to increase your chance for success and ensure an enjoyable hunt.
All hunt prices are based on 2 hunters x 1 guide (1×1 hunts are available for additional $1000)
- $3,400 per hunter (3-day spot and stalk with decoy or blind style hunt).
- Price includes: Meals, lodging, guide services, field preparation of game and transportation to/from designated hunting areas.
- Price does not include: Transportation to camp, applicable hunting licenses/tags, game processing, taxidermy fees, alcoholic beverages, gratuities and hotel or meal costs before or after scheduled hunt dates.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: A wounded animal shall be considered harvested and any continuation of the hunt shall be at the discretion of the outfitter.
Our team works hard to ensure your experience is as good as it can be from start to finish. Therefore, when the smoke clears (and provided it is warranted), a tip for your cook and guide will be greatly appreciated. Of course, the amount is at your discretion, but a good rule of thumb is 10% of the hunt cost for your guide and 5% of the cost for your cook.
- Archery Antelope Hunt Dates: (Season runs Aug. 19-Sep. 29, 2023. 2nd Season runs Oct. 16-Oct.31, 2023)
- Contact us for available booking dates
- Arrival Date – Arrive at the lodge by 3pm. Unpack and settle in, enjoy a hearty dinner, socialize and prepare for the following day’s hunt.
- Hunting Days – Depart after a full breakfast in the morning. Depending on timing and situation, your guide will plan a spot and stalk style or blind style hunt for a day of excitement in the field. Back to the lodge in the evening for dinner and overnight.
- Departure Date – Breakfast and depart for home.
Meals & Accommodations:
This hunt is conducted from a comfortable lodge with all the amenities of home. Home cooked meals will be served each evening with lunches in the field and breakfast before departing on each day’s hunt. All you’ll need to bring is your personal hunting gear and toiletries.
Typical Weather Conditions:
The weather conditions in South Dakota can fluctuate drastically. September temps may range from 30’s to 80’s while November temps can dip down into single digits. Precipitation (rain or snow) is always a possibility as well. Therefore, preparing for various weather conditions is a must. We will provide a recommended gear list once you have booked your hunt.
Non-Resident Archery Antelope License/Tag is $286 and guaranteed though the submission of an application is still required. We will be happy to assist you in acquiring a license/tag.
- Note: Hunter’s Safety Card is required for all hunters under 16 years of age.
Should you successfully harvest an animal, your guide will be responsible for field dressing, skinning, and transporting your prize out of the field and back to the lodge. Taxidermy and processing fees are the client’s responsibility.
All you’ll need to bring is your personal hunting gear and toiletries. We will provide a recommended gear list once you have booked your hunt.
Fishing may be available in nearby rivers, lakes, and ponds.
A 50% non-refundable deposit must be paid to reserve your space. Final payments are due 60 days prior to hunt start date.
Information contained in this trip description is subject to change without notice. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Feb. 8, 2023. All Rights Reserved