Fully Guided – Merriam’s Turkey Hunt
Species and Limits: Each hunter may harvest up to 2 Male Merriam Turkeys.
Location: This hunt will take place about 30 miles east of Broadus, MT, on private land.
Hunt Type: Archery or Shotgun spot-and-stalk style hunt with option to hunt from ground blinds.
Success Ratio: Typically 100% shooting opportunity.
Price: $2,000.00 per person (3 day hunt with 2 hunters per 1 guide)
- Price includes: meals, lodging, guide and field preparation of game
- Price does not include: transportation to ranch, hunting license/tags, game processing, taxidermy fees, gratuities, meals, or hotel charges before or after hunt dates.
- Note: A wounded bird shall be considered harvested and any continuation of the hunt shall be at the discretion of the outfitter.
- April 23 – 25, 2019 (arrive on April 22 and depart on April 26)
- April 27 – 29, 2019 (arrive on April 26 and depart on April 30)
- May 1 – 4, 2019 (arrive on April 30 and depart on May 4)
- May 5 – 7, 2019 (arrive on May 4 and depart on May 8)
- Day 1 – Arrive in camp by 3pm. Sight/verify weapon condition, relax and prepare for the following day’s hunt.
- Day 2 thru 4 – Depart in the morning, after breakfast, for a fully guided turkey hunt. Break for lunch in the afternoon. Back to camp in the evening for dinner and overnight.
- Day 5 – Breakfast and depart for home.
Meals & Accommodations: This hunt is conducted out of a comfortable wall tent style camp with shower and toilet facilities. Home cooked meals will be served each evening with lunches either in the field (or back at camp) and a hearty breakfast before departing on each day’s hunt. All you’ll need to bring is your personal gear (recommended packing list will be provided)
Transportation: Fly into Rapid City, SD. Rent a vehicle and plan to arrive at the designated location in Broadus, MT by 3pm on the day before the hunt. There, you’ll be met by our representative and escorted directly to camp.
Terrain: Local cover consists of cottonwood river bottoms, pine hillsides and sage flats. The areas we’ll hunt are easily accessible and not terribly difficult to navigate. That said, you may be required to cover some territory. Therefore, it’s in your best interest to be in as good of physical condition as possible to increase your chance for success as well as ensure an enjoyable hunt.
Typical Weather Conditions: Temperatures can fluctuate and range from the low 40’s to above 80 degrees with the possibility of rain. Being prepared for various weather conditions is a must. We will provide you with a recommended gear list once you’ve booked your hunt.
Licensing Details: General and Regional Hunting Area Turkey Licenses for Non-Residents are available over the counter or online for $115 each ($230 for 2 tags). Additionally, hunters must also possess a $10 Conservation and $15 Base Hunting License. We will be happy to assist you in acquiring a license/tag. IMPORTANT NOTE: Hunters Safety Card is required for all hunters born on or after Jan 1, 1985.
Processing: Should you successfully harvest a bird, your guide will be responsible for field dressing and transporting your prize out of the field, and back to camp. We recommend purchasing a cooler for transportation of game back home. Taxidermy and processing fees are the client’s responsibility.
Optional Activities: Fishing may be available in nearby rivers, lakes and ponds
Deposits: A 50% non-refundable deposit must be paid to reserve your space. Final payments are due 60 days prior to the hunt start date.
Caveat: Information contained in this trip description is subject to change without notice. Charge Media Adventures, LLC nor any of its affiliates and/or referenced vendors shall be responsible for any unintentional omissions or erroneous information.