Montana Guided Prairie Dog Hunt & Long-range Shooting Lessons
Fully Guided – License # 36583
This trip combines a traditional “Shoot Em Up” prairie dog hunt with shooting lessons provided by a highly qualified long-range shooting instructor. During the 3 day event, you’ll spend 1 ½ days burning up a barrel in “target rich” prairie dog towns PLUS 1 ½ days slowing things WAY down to learn how to effectively “stretch out’ to distances most folks only read about. Not to toot our own horn but we’ve had some of the finest long-range shooters serve as instructors for our guests. That said, this event will not likely be one you’ll soon forget!
Location & Transportation:
This hunt will take place on a variety of private land parcels that offer “Target Rich Environments” between Billings and Miles City, MT. Guests typically fly into Billings, MT the day before the hunt, rent a vehicle and arrive in camp by 3pm. From camp, we’ll provide transportation to and from the field for the duration of your stay. Hunt Style & Terrain: The areas we hunt are smack dab in the middle of densely populated prairie dog towns in sage flats that are easily accessible by vehicle. We’ll simply “roll right up”, unpack our gear, set-up on comfortable shooting benches and have some fun!
- • $1,500 per person (3 day hunt with up to 3 hunters per guide/shooting instructor)
- • Price includes: meals, lodging, field transportation, guide and professional shooting instruction
- • Price does not include: transportation to camp, applicable hunting licenses/tags, alcoholic beverages, taxidermy fees and gratuities
- • Gratuities: Our team works hard to ensure your experience is as good as it can be from start to finish. Therefore, when the smoke clears (and provided it’s warranted), a tip for your cook and guide will be greatly appreciated. Of course, the amount is at your discretion but tips for the cook average $75 to $150 per guest while tips for a guide range from $150 to $300 per hunter.
- • Season Dates: N/A. There is no set season for prairie dogs
- • Hunt Dates:
Session 1: July 11-15, 2020 (arrive on 11th and depart on 15th) Session 2: July 17-21, 2020 (arrive on 17th and depart on 21st) Session 3: July 23-27, 2020 (arrive on 23rd and depart on 27th) Session 4: July 29-Aug 2, 2020 (arrive on 29th and depart on 2nd)
- Session 5: Sept 18-20 (arrive on 17th and depart on 21st)
- Session 6: Sept 23-25 (arrive on 22nd and depart on 26th)
- Session 7: Sept 28-30 (arrive on 27 and depart on 1st)
- Session 8: Oct 3-5 (arrive on 2nd and depart on 6th)
- • Day 1 – Arrive in camp by 3pm. Unpack and settle in, enjoy a hearty dinner, socialize and prepare for the following day’s hunt.
- • Day 2 thru 4 – Depart after a full breakfast in the morning. Enjoy your hunt or shooting lesson. Break for lunch in the afternoon. More “trigger time” after lunch. Back to camp in the evening for dinner and overnight.
- • Day 5 – Breakfast and depart for home.
Meals & Accommodations:
Home cooked meals will be served each evening with lunches in the field and a hearty breakfast before departing on each day’s hunt. Lodging can vary between full size homes in town to ranch houses or even RV style camps should we gain access to a town that’s “off the beaten path” but too hot to pass up. Regardless of the style, rest assured that accommodations will always be clean and comfortable with adequate amenities.
Typical Weather Conditions:
Summertime in Montana is very pleasant. Although there’s always a possibility of a shower, temperatures typically range from the mid 40’s at night to mid 70’s by day. None the less, being prepared for various weather conditions is a must so we’ll provide a recommended gear list once you’ve booked your hunt.
No license is required to hunt prairie dogs.
All you’ll need to bring is your firearm, ammo, personal gear and toiletries. For those that would prefer to travel light, we offer gun rental and ammo for purchase on site. We’ll provide a recommended gear list once you’ve booked your hunt.
Fishing may be available in nearby rivers, lakes and ponds.
A 50% non-refundable deposit must be paid to reserve your space. Final payments are due 60 days prior to hunt start date.
Information contained in this trip description is subject to change without notice. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
May 1, 2020. All Rights Reserved